Since it has been a while since I last blogged I will attempt to create a post that covers most of my projects. Since the arrival of my daughter time and sleep is limited and I haven’t gotten back into the groove yet. I go back to work this week (tear) so we will see if I can’t get back on track with throwing that in the mix as well. Most of my projects have been things for my daughter such as hats and headbands.
For the headbands I just used a 3 chain strand for the base and added bows/flowers for detail. I just measured Alektra’s head and made a chain that was about 1/4 of an inch smaller (due to stretch) out of 100% cotton yarn. I then joined to the first ch and sc the next 5 stitches and chained the rest and repeated until I had 3 strands. Then you can find any type of flower/bow pattern to attach to the top. Super easy.
As you can see from the pictures below I also made her some hats due to Iowa’s super cold winter with negative temps. I just followed a simple beanie pattern and again added some detail with flowers and a heart (for February).